Hiring on behalf of a company can truly be exhausting. There are numerous things to look into and you need to devote a whole lot of time into the process. From locating the right candidates, short listing them to interviewing them and finally selecting the ones that you hope would fit right in will keep you away from your other responsibilities. It is therefore best to look for a placement agency that can provide with able assistance while hiring.
Well, you may wonder about the efficacy of hiring staffing agencies Toronto when you simply need people for completing a project. Unfortunately, even temporary staff and contractual employees call for the same dedication and time. The staffing agencies usually have huge experience in handling all kinds of recruitment from full time permanent ones to general labor as well as temporary staffing. So find the top one and contact it ASAP.
Vital Points to Keep in Mind While Hiring a Staffing Agency
- Specialization – Do seek out staffing agencies Toronto that specialize in recruiting the kind of employees you are looking for. Sure, there are multiple agencies that have a huge database of employable candidates. However, opting for an agency that deals with general needs will not help you to find the right match the vacancy you have in mind. Yes! You will get a number of resumes forwarded to you but you may have to discard all of them and request more candidates. This will end in wastage of time. Approaching a specialized staffing agency can help you in finding the right match at the opportune moment, on the contrary.
- Communication – It always helps to have a one-to-one meeting with the agency head. You will definitely be able to apprise him / her of the details of the vacancy including the right set of skills and experience needed. Much would be lost if you try to communicate via emails only though and you may end up with candidates who will not fit. Discussing the work culture of your company along with the ethics and dress code, if any is an excellent way to ensure that you get exactly what you are looking for. Do request for meetings if needed and only provide the agency with the go ahead signal once you have made all the important points clear to the agency staff.
- Accommodating the staff – It is always better to remain prepared for welcoming a new member of your staff. Do not consider it to be wastage of time to have a computer terminal and a phone ready for the use of your temporary staff even he / she will be a part of your company for only a short period. You need to be encouraging and provide all possible assistance to allow him to fit in thereby enhancing the productivity. The performance can be gauged at the end of his time by consulting professional agencies that specialize in temporary staffing along with your own team who have interacted closely with him during the course of work.
- Providing Feedback – it is important to give your feedback about the temporary employees to the staffing agencies Toronto that had been recruited by you to fill the vacancy. Letting them know about the good points and bad will help you to acquire better temporary employees the next time you need them.
- Cost Effectiveness – Yes! You can definitely look for a more affordable option while hiring staffing agencies Toronto. However, do make sure to check the contract and only sign on the dotted line if the said agency is willing to provide you with a replacement when a particular employee fails to work as per the expectation.